Saturday, October 20, 2007

Why I'm a Geek...Part Two

  Nothing could be geekier than being a movie fanboy, and I have to admit, I'm definitely one.   However, it depends a lot on what kind of movie you go all fanboy over - anime (revered by 12 year olds), horror (revered by anyone with taste), Tom Cruise (revered by queers and Scientologists), and ... well, you get the picture.

  So what gets my inner geek all wound up?  Three words, my friends ...

BRUCE FUCKING CAMPBELL!

Yep, it's time for some more Bruce...coming this month in the form of My Name is Bruce.  A washed up actor in an Oregon town, mistaken by the residents for the movie hero he portrays, is recruited to fight a monster invading the town.  Bruce, playing Bruce who sometimes plays Ash...kind of like Galaxy Quest with a Campbellian twist.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489235/

No comments: